Tuesday, April 29

Time Passed....

.... The last few months certainly did. It is nearly a year since my last post.
 (Sounds like confession, forgive me Father...).

A brief catch-up:

My dear friend and second mum Pilly died. I will put up a post about her soon. Enough time has elapsed that I think I can say what I need to without getting mawkish.

We finally got a new roof on our house, the bucket we had under the ceiling has now been retired.

Angela and I are both pretty healthy, considering... Some of the tablets I have been on for my heart rhythmn have managed to knock out my thyroid gland but I'm still fit enough to walk up hills...

As I mentioned in a previous post the Legal Eagle and her Beau got married, we had dinner round with her and some other friends last Sunday...

Next to Angela; Gianluca, Jo and Irina: next to me; The Legal Eagle, her Beau, and Harry

























As usual, the food was excellent, especially the puddings.....

(Clockwise from top, Angela's Apricot and Marzipan Loaf, French Apple tart and Hazlenut Meringue sandwich).
























I can personally vouch for the deliciousness of all of them!

To walk off the excess calories some of us took a stroll round to Waterlow Park, only a few minutes away from the Eagle's Nest.

The late afternoon sun was peeping through. I think even grumpy old Karl Mark looked a bit happier than normal.




No comments: